We love chicken and rice baked in the oven in the fall and winter. My daughter uses brown rice and chicken broth to make her casserole extra special. It is so easy to mix together and slide in the oven while you have other things to do. Add your own variations.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups milk or chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked white or brown rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- shake in seasonings: accent, chopped onion, garlic powder, lemon pepper
- seasoned salt to taste (my daughter seasons everything with these)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine the milk, rice, soup and seasoned salt if desired. Mix well. Pour mixture over chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 60 minutes or until rice is done. Uncover the dish and bake for another 15 minutes to allow the rice to brown.