Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lemon Bars

SERIOUSLY the best boxed anything I have tasted in forever! WOW...the box says "Sweet yet tart lemon filling on a buttery shortbread crust" and it promises delicious homemade taste every time! And it kept its promise!!! My husband went and stayed with our daughter for a week, while he worked in the city, and discovered this delightful treat. Why two boxes? Because, one box is only enough for an 8 or 9 inch pan and my husband made a 9 X 13 pan of SUPREME BARS MIX - LEMON. The back of the box also shows Mississippi Mud and Cookie Brownie, but I love the lemon bars. They were so easy to make....well I guess they were easy I only took photos...
First preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Press the ready-mixed crust (dry), both boxes,  in bottom of ungreased 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
Mix together both boxes of Filling Mix, 2/3 cups water and 6 eggs. Be careful when you are getting the filling mix and the crust out of the box. They are not marked and they are both white looking. The whitest one is the filling.
Pour the Filling Mix over the hot crust. Bake 32-37 minutes (9x13 glass pan) or until the top begins to brown; cool completely.
Once cooled completely...my husband said one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, which does not come in the box, if desired. For ease in cutting, use wet knife. Store tightly covered.
I have to tell you these are sooooooo good! I only looked at the nutrition facts on the side of the box AFTER I had eaten one. These ARE NOT diabetic friendly, but they are very low in fat and they do have a little potassium. If you need something quick and easy to take to a holiday party these would be my suggestion. They have a very festive taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment