Monday, March 19, 2012

Cast Iron Casserole

My husband loves his new pot. It is a 5 quart covered oval porcelain enamel cast iron casserole pot. We have Paula Deen cookware and this pot just added to it. It is perfect for a pot roast and lots of other dishes. The cast iron really holds in the heat, ensuring that food remains hot. It is great for slow-cooking. The big loop handles are easy to get a hold of even with oven mits. It is also broiler safe. It is a pretty red pot with white inside. The label says "making memories one meal at a time" and that is exactly what we do!

1 comment:

  1. I love that deep shade of red--beautiful! I've been replacing some of my older pots and pans with cast iron ones and I wish I had done it sooner. It's so nice to be able to use them on the stove and in the oven too!

    ReplyDelete