Thursday, May 31, 2012

Texting Lingo

I had to learn to text message in self defense...my Granddaughter does texting at the speed of lightening. She never answers her phone, so I had to learn to text to communicate with her. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to read what she has texted to me, because she uses so much texting lingo. OMG (Oh My Goodness) it makes me crazy. Some days it makes me LMAO (Laugh My Ars Off) other days it DMC (Drives Me Crazy). Some days I totally text to her using texting lingo just to make her laugh. She says Granny you are TF (Too Funny). The following are a few of the texting lingo terms you might need to know if you are texting.

POS Parent Over Shoulder
PAW Parents Are Watching
P911 Parents In Room (alert)
AITR Adult In The Room
TPTB The Powers That Be

KPC Keeping Parents Clueless
A/S/L Age/Sex/Location
MorF Male or Female?
B/F or BF Boyfriend
G/F or GF Girlfriend

BFF Best Friends Forever
BM&Y Between Me and You
LUV U Love You
LYSO Love You So Much
TOY Thinking Of You

H&K Hugs and Kisses
QT Cutie
ADDY Address
A3 Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace
WH5 Who, What, When, Where Why?

F2F Face To Face
IRL In Real Life
WK Week
WKD Weekend
2NITE Tonight

OMW On My Way
WRUD What Are You Doing?
RUOK Are You Okay?
PTB Please Text Back
DIKU Do I Know You?

TMI Too Much Information
411 Information
MYOB Mind Your Own Business
NOYB None Of Your Business
WAJ What A Jerk

2G2BT Too Good To Be True
IOMH In Over My Head
BRD Bored
IDK I Don't Know
DKDC Don't Know, Don't Care

IMO In My Opinion
AFAIK As Far As I know
NM Never Mind
BTW By The Way
FYI For Your Information

FWIW For What It's Worth
BRB Be Right Back
AFK Away From Keyboard
LOL Laughing Out Loud
ROTFL Rolling On The Floor Laughing

K Okay
J/K Just Kidding
SLAP Sounds Like A Plan
PLZ Please
TY or THX Thank You; Thanks

YW You're Welcome
NP No Problem
G2G Got To Go
BFN Bye For Now
TTFN Ta Ta For Now

L8R Later
CYA See You (later)
CYT See You Tomorrow
$PLZ Money Please
LYM Love You More

Do you have any favorite texting lingo?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot bring myself to use most of these, although I do say LOL. But I used to supervise college students and their emails to me were nearly indecipherable!

    ReplyDelete