Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS

What is the meaning of Christmas to you?
The birth of Jesus, or just a day to get through!
We all view Merry Christmas in a personal way,
Regardless, we celebrate on this special day.


For some it is the true meaning and they pray,
Others it means a day for the family to play.
The wise men brought gifts for the newborn,
Now, it is gifts under the tree on Christmas morn.


Some tell us we must say Happy Holidays,
Because, others celebrate in different ways.

Kawanza, Hanukkah and Feliz Navidad too,
Celebrate your way, just do not criticize what I do.


My joy is watching the little ones eyes so bright,
When they see the gifts and squeal with delight.

Giving to others is the true meaning for me,
The laughter, smiles and pleasure I wait to see.

Taking photos, that for years I can take a look,
And the fun arranging them in a scrapbook.

The meaning of Christmas is a beautiful thing,
Celebrate for the happiness it will always bring.


Merry Christmas to everyone far and near,
Enjoy by loving those that make your life dear.



By BKWilliams 2010

Note: this blog has a mind of its own when it comes to spacing :(
I have tried over and over to space my poem and it will not let me :(
MERRY CHRISTMAS
TO YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment