Saturday, January 1, 2011

Every Woman Needs

Happy New Year! 2011...We all worry about our health. We all talk about going on a diet. We all want to look younger. We all want lots of things, but I think we just need to maintain. With this in mind I found an article by Colette Bouchez on WebMD that simply points out The Six Super Foods Every Woman Needs. Colette had researched and consulted two nutritionists to narrow the list for us. I am not going to give all the reasons you and I should eat these six super foods. I am only going to list the food and weekly servings needed. If you want to read the entire article go to:

Six Super Foods Every Woman Needs

#1: Low-fat yogurt 
Goal: 3 to 5 servings a week

#2: Fatty fish - like salmon, sardines, and mackerel
Goal: 2 to 3 servings every week

#3 Beans
Goal: 3 to 4 servings every week

#4 Tomatoes (or watermelon, red grapefruit, red navel oranges)
Goal: 3 to 5 servings each week

#5 Vitamin D fortified low fat milk or orange juice
Goal: at least 400 IUs of vitamin D daily

#6 Berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries)
Goal 3 to 4 servings every week

Ok, now my New Year Resolution is done! I started the year with healthy foods. My doctor will be proud...NO you can not tell him I only blogged about healthy foods!!

Seriously though I do eat most of these six foods on a regular basis. The only one I probably do not get enough of is #5 Milk (too many years operating dairy farm) and orange juice makes me sick.

I wish you a very healthy and happy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment