Monday, April 4, 2011

Jonquils

I wanted to share these photos of one of my favorite flowers. Some people call them daffodils and other people call them jonquils. I have been a life active Member of Epsilon Sigma Alpha, International since the early 70's and the organization's flower is the yellow jonquil.
I took these photos in one of our local parks. They had put wood chips around the flower bed for mulch. When I had theses photos printed the wood chips printed purple instead of brown. I thought it made for an interesting contrast with the yellow flowers in the photos.
This photo still has the purple wood chips, but the leaves of the jonquils have a bluish cast rather than green. It must have been the way the natural light was shining on the flowers.
I love jonquils and I loved the surprise of the purple wood chips in my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment