Sunday, June 5, 2011

Egg Carton Ribbon Holder

This egg carton ribbon holder is awesome to keep those little rolls of ribbon together while you are using them. It is also another way to recycle the egg carton. I glued a couple squares of card stock to the top of the egg carton to make it stronger and not so easy for the ribbon to slice the carton.
Then I punched holes through the top of the carton. I am sure there is a easier way, but I finally found using a ink pen was the easiest. I do not have any fancy crafty type cutters.
The holes are not even, but I am the one using this ribbon holder and I am a little off too.
Put your ribbon in the holes where the eggs were and poke out a little of each ribbon through the holes in the top of the carton. Then all you have to do is pull the ribbon you wish to use. This is a great way to keep ribbon stored and useful when you need ribbon for a project. The cats both thought I was making them a toy...they pulled the ribbon too!

What ideas do you have for recycling egg cartons?

2 comments:

  1. How smart is that? I'll be using this idea at Christmas for sure. Our gift wrap tub is a mess. I like to make my own fire starters with egg cartons.http://www.sweettmakesthree.com/2011/01/make-your-own-fire-starters-for-free.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's such a creative idea - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete