Sunday, October 23, 2011

DUMBO 70 Years!

My all time favorite movie is DUMBO, because DUMBO is my hero! When others make fun of you and think you can't do something, you have to believe that you can. That is an important lesson Timothy the mouse taught DUMBO in the classic Disney movie. The shortest Disney movie only 64 minutes, is well worth watching with your children and grandchildren.
Dumbo is a animated Walt Disney movie that was first released on October 23, 1941 by RKO Radio Pictures. The fourth film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics, Dumbo is based upon a child's book by Helen Aberson and illustrated by Harold Perl. The main character is Jumbo Jr., a baby elephant who is delivered by the stork and then cruelly nicknamed Dumbo, by the other elephant mothers on the circus train. He is ridiculed for his big ears, but surprised everyone when he was capable of flying by using them as wings. Throughout most of the movie, his only true friend besides his mother is the mouse Timothy, making fun of the stereotype between mice and elephants.
It is hard for me to believe that DUMBO is already 70 Years old!
This DUMBO sits atop a ink pen and rests in the pencil holder on my desk at work. He has a little spring holding him on the pen and is surrounded by feathers. I found him at Disney World in Flordia, along with a few other DUMBO trinkets. My daughter drew me a DUMBO when she was in high school and I have received DUMBO cards from family members. I love DUMBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment