Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bacon Turtle Burgers

 
This made me laugh when I saw these, but then I thought WOW what a great idea! My favorite things hamburgers, hot dogs, bacon and cheese. I know my grand children would love to eat these.
source photo
Handmade ground beef patties are topped with sharp cheddar cheese and then wrapped in a bacon weave before the hot dogs are inserted as the heads, legs and tails. Place them on a rack, cover loosely with foil and then put them into an oven heated to 400 degrees. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the bacon is done - cooked through and a little crispy, but not too crunchy. (I would wrap a little foil around the hot dogs so they don't turn so dark while waiting for the hamburger meat to cook and the bacon to crisp.)
source photo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment