Use those left over Christmas Candy Canes to make a sweet treat to send for the kids Valentine Party at school or a Valentine for the teacher or others on your Valentine's list.
* ½ cups Unpopped Popcorn (approximately 16 Cups Popped)
* ½ cups Crushed Peppermint Candy Cane
* 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
* 1 dash Salt
1. Pop 1/2 cup popcorn. I use an air popper. Yield is about 16 cups popped.
2. Finely crush peppermint sticks (I place them in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin).
3. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. If melting in the microwave, stir every 30 seconds. (It takes about 1 1/2 minutes to melt.)
4. Place popcorn in an extra large bowl by handfuls to remove the unpopped kernels.
5. Working quickly before the chocolate sets, drizzle white chocolate over the popcorn, sprinkle the peppermint candy and a dash of salt.
6. Stir vigorously to coat the popcorn.
7. Spread the popcorn in a thin layer onto waxed paper.
8. When popcorn is cool and dry, break into small pieces and serve.
Post a Comment