Friday, May 20, 2011

Weeds

WEEDS...are a pain in the backside for anyone trying to maintain a pretty landscaped yard, and others can cost farmers lots of money to have removed from their land. These weeds I photographed fall into these categories. The first one is some kind of milkweed, that will scatter these puffy seeds with the wind and spread to some other unwanted place. It is still pretty.
This second weed is some type of thistle one that farmers hate. They spread like wild fire and cows will not graze close to them because of the thistles that stick them. I found this one along side of a city street! Most places have laws requiring people to remove them from their land. I could tell these were spreading as I watched! I am sure the Mayor will take care of it soon.
I know I am goofy....my favorite weed is the dandelion!

No comments:

Post a Comment