Saturday, December 10, 2011

Not Normal Chicken Soup

I was hungry for bean and corn soup. I looked in the cabinet and I was out of white beans.
Here is what I tossed together instead:
NOT NORMAL CHICKEN SOUP
one can black eyed peas with jalapeno
one can whole kernel corn
one 7 ounce package pasta (I had shells)
one 12.5 ounce chunk chicken breast
one package Lipton onion soup mix
lemon pepper
garlic powder
two cans chicken broth
two or three cups water depending on how thick you like it
Toss every thing into a pot bring to a boil and simmer approximately 30 minutes.
(or until the cornbread you make to go with it is done)
This is not the prettiest soup ever, but it was certainly tasty!
This would make a good New Years soup to get your black eyed peas in for good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment