Monday, April 30, 2012

Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman Book Signing

My friend Pat came from Arkansas last month to spend the weekend with us and go to the Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman book signing in Oklahoma City. We got up and made the drive to OKC. We went to my daughter's house and picked her up and then off to the Full Circle Book Store. OK...none of us had ever been to a book signing before.

We arrived at the bookstore at 1:00 pm the advertised time for the book signing. We went in a purchased our books. The clerk gave us a piece of paper with a number on it. I ask "what does the 12 mean".......she said you will be in the 12th GROUP to be called to get in line for the signing. OH! She suggested we go find something to do and keep calling back to find out what group they were on...there was like 50 people in a group and there was other groups behind us!

Ree Drummond and Pat having her book signed at 7:30 pm.
Ree made a wonderful funny presentation that we enjoyed.
The closest we could get was up on the second floor of the mall.
This is a fuzzy photo of Ree....I used my zoooooom on my point and shoot.
The place was wall to wall people...many of them had 6 copies of the new Pioneer Woman cookbook at $30 a book. I love Ree, but I could not afford that many books.
This is a photo of Ree, myself and my daughter, Kennda, having our book signed at 7:30 pm!
Yes, 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm was longer than we expected...and it was hot and we were tired. Now I know if you are going to a book signing...preorder your book and get your group number a couple days or more ahead of the actual date. We handed the camera to a guy who was taking photos for people...it is fuzzy too.

I must say after all those hours of getting up really early and driving to Oklahoma City and signing hundreds and hundreds of books....Ree Drummond is AWESOME! She was so sweet and thanked us for coming and signed our books with the personalization we requested. And SMILING...oh my goodness I don't know how she does it. Hats off to Ree!



2 comments:

  1. This was such a memorable day! And the best part was I got to share it with Brenda an Kennda. And I learned something so very valuable that day - prebuy your book and get your number early! I agree, Ree Drummond is a remarkable lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I've never been to a book signing either, so I wouldn't know what to do--I wouldn't have thought I'd need to pre-order a book! But at least you got your autograph and a photo with Ree, despite the long wait!

    ReplyDelete