Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ransom Font T-shirt

I took my grandaughter's t-shirt and placed a piece of contrasting t-shirt material inside. I put a piece of cardboard between the front and back of the shirt to avoid sewing them together. Then I freehand stitched a Ransom type font letters through both layers of material. This could be done with the children's name or with a design or many other things. I chose to make a THUNDER t-shirt.
After I got all the letters outline stitched, I took a pair of scissors and clipped the center out of the top t-shirt fabric. This allows the contrasting fabric to show through and gives a ransom looking message. You could make this cut out lettering look a lot better if you used the sewing machine, but I was playing with this while watching tv.
We were so proud of the OKC Thunder for making it to the NBA Finals!
What an honor for such a young team to come in second in the nation!
We are still proud to be the NBA Western Conference Champions!
Can't wait until next year!!!



1 comment:

  1. This is just too cool! What a wonderful way to personalize a t-shirt. It certainly would be a fast project using a machine.

    ReplyDelete