Monday, June 17, 2013

Six Miss Americas from Oklahoma

Our local radio station does a feature called Useless Facts Fridays...
My Husband has more Useless Facts in his head than most normal people...
I saw something on television the other day that made me want to share...
 my Useless Facts with you.
 
 
 
There have been a total of six Miss America winners from the State of Oklahoma:

1926... Norma Smallwood, from Tulsa
1966..Jane Ann Jayroe, from Laverne
1980..Susan Powell, from Elk City
1995..Shawnee Smith, from Muldrow
2006..Jennifer Berry, from Tulsa
2007..Lauren Nelson, from Lawton.
 
Norma Smallwood
 
Jane Jayroe

Susan Powell


Jane Jayroe and Susan Powell have both been very visible in the State of Oklahoma working on television or on the stage. They are always ready to step forward and  help others.
 
Hope you enjoyed my Useless Facts today:)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment