Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 26, 2010

August 26, 2010 is the 90th Anniversary of the RIGHT TO VOTE for Women in the United States!!

November 2, 2010 will be the date voters go to the polls and elect the FIRST WOMAN GOVERNOR in the State of Oklahoma. As the votes are cast in the gubernatorial election voters will mark their ballots either for Jari Askins the Democrat or Mary Fallin the Republican. 

If you are a woman reading this and are not registered to vote shame on you! If you are registered and vote at every election YEAH! It is our job to honor those women who fought so hard, all those years ago, to obtain the right for us to vote. My pet peeve is people who complain about politics and never vote.

In Oklahoma to be able to register to vote you must be 18 years old, a U.S. Citizen, and Oklahoma resident. My daughter had looked forward to registering to vote her entire life and as soon as she turned 18 she went to register. I treasure photographs of every event in her life, so naturally I sent the camera with her and told her to have some one at the office take her picture. My daughter can be on the shy side and I was worried she would "forget" to ask one of the ladies to take her picture, so I called and told them she was coming with a camera and would they please take her photo. It took a few weeks for her to forgive me for that one.

On my way to work every day I see this giant billboard that reads: "You Can't Fix Stupid, but You Can Vote Them Out". It makes me laugh, because who is it that voted them in there in the first place?  

No comments:

Post a Comment