Saturday, March 17, 2012

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY...this is my little Irish snowman I put out at my office each year. I sat him on my customer chair with my file cabinet as a background. I love my magnetic photo frames with my family on the file cabinet. 

I ask my husband for some of the Irish Limericks he is always saying...OH, not a good idea for my blog...seems as though he only learned the "tooooo colorful" ones!

While I was looking for good Irish Limericks I found this funny little story...Hope you enjoy...
‘Twas late one Saturday night, when the local Garda (police officer) spied Timothy O'Carroll driving in quite a meandering fashion along the streets of County Cork. After pulling him over, the policeman asked O'Carroll if he had been drinking that night.

“Who told on me?” asked Timothy.

“Well, so I have, occifer. So I have,” continued the thoroughly drunk O’Carroll. “It’s Saturday night, you know. Me and me lads, we made a stop by the pub, but I only had six or seven pints, that’s all.”

“But then they had somethin’ called ‘Happy Hour’ during which they served these delicious margaritos, or margaritas? Anyway they are quite good. I had four…no five of those. Then I had promised to drive O’Hara, me friend, home, and he invited me in. Well, I had to go in for a couple pints of Guinness. I really couldn't be rude, now occifer, Could I? Of course, on the way home I stopped to get another pint for later…”

At that point Timothy began fumbling around inside his coat and suddenly lifted up a bottle of whiskey for the Garda to inspect.

The policeman gave a deep sigh, saying “Sir, you will need to step out of the vehicle to take a breathalyzer.”

Indignantly, O'Carroll replied, “Why? Don't you believe me?”



May the love and protection

Saint Patrick can give

Be yours in abundance

As long as you live.






No comments:

Post a Comment