Monday, February 11, 2013

Pepper Jelly Pork Roast in Crock Pot

I found this awesome Pepper Jelly made with Jalapenos!
I bought both the red and green.
I loved the photos on the jar showing how to take a cracker,
 cream cheese or piece of cheese, piece of ham and then top
with a little of the jelly...omg...that looks so easy!
As you know, if you follow my blog, I am all about easy.
My husband is the cook at our house.
I decided to take a Pork Shoulder Roast ($1.49 a pound)
 and put the Hot Pepper Jelly on the roast.
First I cut a onion into wedges and put in the bottom of the crock pot.
Put about a 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water in the pot.
Next, I put the roast in the pot and cut big X in the top of the fat.
Sprinkled with lots of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
I used the entire 10 ounce jar of Hot Pepper Jelly
(made with red jalapenos) and spread on top of the roast.
I cooked the roast on high for 8 hours....WOW....It was so good!
As the roast cooks the jelly kind of melts down over or in the roast.
I was so hungry when it was done,
 I forgot to take a photo of the finished product!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment