Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is another day that we have "an excuse" for eating too much. Spending more than anyone in their right mind would spend on a meal. Yes, I know there are the wonderful leftovers to spread out over the next several days. It is way easier and lots cheaper to just go out for lunch that day!

Thanksgiving should be the day we remind ourselves how thankful we are for our family, friends, our pets, good health, a roof over our heads, food to eat regularly and the other things that bless our lives.

So, for my Thanksgiving blog, I am going to show you photos of a turkey I made for my daughter to use at school. I am going to say I am thankful for YOU, because you are reading this blog. I am very thankful for all the things I mentioned above and that I finally realized it was smarter to not go through the stress of cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner!




This was a paper turkey made for the school bulletin board. It is made out of bulletin board paper wrapped around wadded up newspaper. You just have to use your imagination to shape the turkey. The celery and carrots were also made out of bulletin board paper. Then everything was glued down inside a dollar store roasting pan. The kids at school thought it was way cool. My daughter put the students "What I Am Thankful For" lists around the turkey.

 HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment