Thursday, August 23, 2012

Clear Vanilla...who knew.

I was watching Trisha Yearwood's cooking show on the Food Network and she was using Clear Vanilla Extract in her butter cream icing. She said you needed to use Clear Vanilla Extract in white icing, because regular vanilla extract would tint the icing slightly and make it off white. Never knew that. I don't do a lot of baking anymore, but I was interested to learn about Clear Vanilla Extract. I was looking around and found this awesome little site that I want to share with those of you who do bake...looks like they have everything you might ever need and at very reasonable prices.






The Baker's Kitchen find was totally accidental they don't know me from one extract to another.

2 comments:

  1. I knew clear vanilla extract exists only because I accidentally bought it at the grocery store one day! But as long as it tastes the same, that's what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use both clear and regular vanilla in baking but I only use clear vanilla for icing. I love that my icing stays so white and pretty! But Kiersten's ultimately right, taste is what matters!

    ReplyDelete