Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fingernail Tips

It amazes me how my children can hold the camera out and photograph themselves. I can't even get a good photo of my hand! And another thing is how the color of what ever you are using as a background can change the color of the subject. These photos make my hand look really yellow, because of the red background. The ring on my middle finger is black hills gold and jade...real dark green jade. Strange.


My sister and daughter have the worst time trying to grow strong fingernails. They love to have pretty nails. As you can see my nails grow like crazy and are hard as rocks. These photos are just before I cut them. This is not the longest they have ever been, but about this length and they annoy me. It is hard for me to type with long nails. I found these tips for weak or brittle fingernails I wanted to share with those of you who have trouble growing nails.

Tips for weak or brittle fingernails

Weak fingernails can be a challenge to toughen up. To protect weak or brittle fingernails and reduce the risk of splitting or breaking:
  • Keep your nails short. Long nails are more likely to split or break.
  • Use moisturizer. Apply moisturizer to your fingernails and cuticles several times throughout the day and before bed. Consider wearing cotton gloves while you sleep, to help seal in the moisture.
  • Apply nail polish. A thin coat of clear nail polish can help keep moisture in your fingernails.
  • Limit use of nail polish remover. Don't use nail polish remover more than once a week. When you do need to use nail polish remover, choose the acetone-free variety. Acetone dries nails.
  • Ask your doctor about biotin supplements. Changing your diet or taking daily multivitamins isn't likely to strengthen your nails. However, some research suggests that the nutritional supplement biotin might help strengthen weak or brittle fingernails.
You know you are getting old when your hands start to wrinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment