Saturday, September 14, 2013

Outside Ashtrays

One of my pet peeves is that smokers drop their butts on the ground...especially when they toss them in someone else's yard. I really get hot when I see them tossed out a window of a car! Well, at my house I have always had a tin can with a half brick or rock in it for cigarette butt disposal. There is one on the porch at my daughter's house too. Well, the other day my Granddaughter ask if I would make her one for her house. I guess she had been picking up the yard and some of their friends had been tossing cigarette butts on the ground. Anyway, I found two - one gallon tin cans. One of them I had already covered in animal print paper and the other I covered with a piece of left over plastic table cloth. Just glue the covering to the can. You can just use the can without the covering, but I like them covered.
You do not have to write on the cans, but I did on these.
 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea. We have some occasional smokers as guests and this is such a nice way to keep it clean. thanks for the idea.
    -Buffi
    www.wonderfullydysfunctional.com

    ReplyDelete