Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...BOO!
 
This is as scary as I get for Halloween...LOL...all those chins are not the latex ones from the store...they are real and like everything else gravity is beginning to drop them lower and lower...I took this photo with my phone one morning to send to my kids...so I thought I would use it to wish all my readers Happy Halloween! The following is a brief history of this candy grabbing trick or treating festive day...
Straddling the line between fall and winter, plenty and paucity, life and death, Halloween is a time of celebration and superstition. It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating. In a number of countries around the world, as the days grow shorter and the nights get colder, people continue to usher in the winter season with gatherings, costumes and sweet treats.
This is my sweet husband humoring me by posing, with the trick or treat pumpkins we got for three of the grand children that live near us. He cracks up at some of the crazy things I want to photograph to us on my blog. He is use to whiplash when I come to a screeching halt along side the highway or turning in to a place I see that I want to take pictures...he has even got really awesome at taking them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment