Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just Kidding!

I watched these clouds as I traveled down the interstate on my way home. I finally took the camera out and took their photo. It seems like they are floating along, on their way OVER Western Oklahoma, taunting us with their promise and yelling JUST KIDDING!
I don't know if you read my 5-18-11 post Western Oklahoma Needs Rain....well, here it is in July after weeks and weeks of temperatures over 100 and we still need rain. We are baking here!
As beautiful as these clouds might be, it makes me crazy to know they traveled east seventy more miles, straight down I-40 and dumped three inches of rain in Oklahoma City. 
It is as if they were holding their breath, so not to spill a drop of their moisture. As if they are floating along with their signs of hope and telling us...JUST KIDDING!

1 comment:

  1. Oklahoma City can thank me for the rain. I always keep my windows up in case of rain. I told my friend Michael that if I leave them down it will rain. Yes, I really did leave them down and hence the downpour. I do believe there was approximately two inches of water standing in the floor of my van before I could get the windows up. Seriously though, there has to be a better way to get it to rain! Dana

    ReplyDelete