Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Prairie Bonnets

This is a blog post from my friend Pat in Arkansas....she is so talented in so many ways! She can sew, do interior design, fix darn near anything, do amazing craft projects, fix my computer, create awesome graphic designs, sell ice cubes to Eskimos, and is a wonderful Nee Nee to her grandson. I just wanted to share this with you. Check http://pearlcabin.blogspot.com/

A few years ago, I was asked to make a "Little House on the Prairie" outfit for my friend's niece. Did it ever start something! The bonnet was just so cute and fun to make. I had also always wanted to try to sell something on Ebay so I figured I'd make another and see what happened. Well, that summer I sold somewhere around a hundred bonnets - give or take a few. I've continued to make and sell a few along the way when I have time to sew.


I have just finished my Associates Degree in Graphic Design - I went back to school a bit later than most! In between looking for a permanent job, working my as-needed part-time job with a catering company and packing boxes to move, I have been sewing again. I find it a good peaceful time and also an opportunity to think. And, I can sell the product! You can find me on Ebay under pearlcabin. I'm going to post a few pictures of bonnets here for examples. Some of them may be available for direct sales, some on Ebay and some may be sold. I make sizes to fit adults to pre-schoolers. If you have a size or color in particular that you would like to have, please contact me by email at pearlcabin@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment