Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Collection

Do you collect something? When I was a small child, and moved from Kansas to Arkansas, my sister and I had a rock collection under our bed. When our parents discovered the heavy metal dishpan full of rocks they nearly died laughing! Well, how were we to know that Arkansas NEVER ran out of rocks...we had lived in Kansas where rocks were rare!

My sister collects Hummel figurines and has an amazing collection. Some of them she even purchased in Germany. I never see a Hummel with out thinking of my sister. She has her Hummel collection in a beautiful lighted display cabinet, to really show how awesome they are and protect them. 

I don't know exactly how I started my collection of Nativity scenes, but I have several in my collection. One of my co-workers bought me a CAT Nativity scene one year for my birthday and I just love it. It makes me smile every time I look at it! I only like the small Nativity scenes and especially the inexpensive ones that are all one piece. I have two shelves in the bookcase full of Nativity scenes that I leave out all year. They are made out of a variety of things like wood, glass, ceramic, etc. These are only a few of the ones in my collection:


Who knew there were so many styles of Nativity scenes. What do you collect? 

No comments:

Post a Comment