Monday, November 26, 2012

Wonderfully Dysfunctional: It Must Be Genetic (Volume1)

If you are looking for a great book, or a nice Christmas or birthday present for family or friends, I would recommend you buy Buffi Neal's new book Wonderfully Dysfuntional: It Must be Genetic (Volume 1). She is a refreshing and delightful writer. Also, go to her blog page and you can read more from Buffi.
 

Wonderfully Dysfunctional: It Must be Genetic (Volume 1)
by
5.0 of 5 stars
The true story of... A gypsy mother who refused to wear a bra and a father who refused to leave his first wife. A brother who slept under the coffee table and a sister who was kidnapped. A cheating minister, a missing uncle and a feisty red-headed grandmother who was longing to leave it all.


I always knew my family was unusual, but I was lucky enough to have escaped that gene. Or was I? In a nursing home, seated next to my dying grandmother, I looked around at my family and it occurred to me that I fit right in. No bra, dirty sneakers and two ex husbands. Maybe it really is genetic - maybe I never had a chance. With the help of my siblings, I began a journey of self discovery as we recalled stories of our youth including juicy family secrets, inappropriate practical jokes and betrayal. On a journey to find normal, I found myself instead.



1 comment:

  1. Brenda,
    Thanks so much for the post. I am hoping a lot of people pick up the book over the holidays. It's still on the best seller list for Family Memoirs - which is exciting!
    Have a Great one!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete