Friday, January 7, 2011

Gloves

Gloves are like socks...they seem to vanish. I try to always keep a pair of gloves in my vehicle, especially in the winter time, in case of emergency. You never know when you might need to protect your hand or just keep them warm.  Any time I walk by gloves that are on sale I get at least one pair. I generally have extra gloves on my shelf in case the grandkids are headed out to play in the snow and need them. They are the best at losing their gloves. I found a pair of cotton work gloves for 29 cents, with the thought my daughter could toss them in her car in case of emergency. She has her Dad's hands and needs large gloves. My daughter likes girly stuff, so I knew these plain brown gloves would get a snarl from her.
I took those plain brown gloves and stitched a little girly trim on them. Now she can toss them in her car and be a little more girly in case of emergency. Plus, if anyone else is wearing them she will know they are her gloves.
I already had the ruffle denim trim from a jeans purse I made one time. I trimmed the denim off and just left the flower like part to sew a "ring" on one glove. With the muted colors these gloves will be a fashion accessory for most outfits. Clinton and Stacy from What Not To Wear would probably toss them in the can, but for emergency wear they are just fine.

2 comments:

  1. I think they'd make a great addition to a gift basket for a gardener! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty nifty idea, Brenda! KAREN (PAM'S SIS)

    ReplyDelete