Friday, April 29, 2011

Old High School - Ardmore, OK

This old high school building in Ardmore, Oklahoma is a wonderful example of architecture at its finest. I have searched and searched to find historical information about the building, with no luck. The most historical information I know is that my sister-in-law and brother-in-law both graduated from this high school. Just look along the top at all the details included and the huge columns on the front of the building.
I tried to look up and see if there were dates on the top like a lot of old structures and all I could see are the words high school. Check out all the different brick patterns laid so artfully.
They just don't make 'em like this anymore.
These details are incredible!
It is my understanding that a private individual in Ardmore purchased this fine old building to keep it from being torn down. My hat is off to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment