Monday, December 16, 2013

Baked Ruben Balls or Loaf

Winter is the time to make things in the oven so here is one of my favorite things...
Baked Ruben? Do you like Ruben Sandwiches?? If you do you will love this Baked Ruben.
Baked Ruben
2 packages of Crescent Rolls
1 Can Sweet Bavarian Style Sauerkraut - drained
1 1/2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 can Corned Beef
Mix the sauerkraut, shredded cheese and corned beef together.
Cut each crescent roll in two pieces and wrap the pieces around a couple spoons of the mixture. I would make a ball like shape out of the filling and the carefully wrap it with the crescent roll. I do not handle crescent rolls very well. After making the first 15 rolls I decided the next package of crescent rolls were going to be rolled out together with a rolling pin. After I rolled it out I dumped the other half of the filling on top and then rolled it up into a loaf shape.
The 15 individual Ruben rolls were baked at 375 degrees for 16 minutes. The loaf Ruben was baked at 375 degrees for 19 minutes.
Both the Ruben rolls and the Ruben loaf were good hot or cold.
Next time you crave a Ruben sandwich try this baked Ruben!

1 comment:

  1. This looks too good - I gotta try it! Wonder how it would work with packaged pizza dough?

    ReplyDelete