Monday, December 9, 2013

Sausage Cheese Balls

I love Sausage Cheese Balls. They are so easy to make and can even be frozen to use later. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or lightly grease the bottom and sides of a cookie sheet. Mix all ingredients together, I use my hands. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.

3 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 pound bulk pork sausage - I prefer the hot kind
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces) the Mexican blend cheese is good too
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Swiss cheese
1/2 cup milk

Ready for the oven
You can also add 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed and 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes, but I leave out the spices. I did add some garlic salt to the batch I made this time. As you can tell I change the recipe depending on my mood or what I already have in the frig. Mine made 58 balls, but of course they are not all the same size even though I tried. They are the best fresh out of the oven! I put them in a plastic bag and then reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.

Cooked and ready to eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment