Sunday, September 11, 2011

Crockpot Corned Beef Brisket

Put four pound Corned Beef Brisket with packet of seasoning in crock pot with two onions, quartered and cup of water.
Cook approximately five hours on high.
Add large package of carrots.
Add one medium head of cabbage cut in large pieces.
Add four or five red potatoes cut in pieces.
Cook for three more hours or until vegetables are done.
This is was one of the most tender corned beef briskets ever!
Corned beef and cabbage is not just for St. Patrick's Day.

2 comments:

  1. My family always made corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots for my grandpa's birthday on St. Patrick's Day. I know it's not just for St. Patrick's Day, but all I can think about when I see it is March 17 & my grandpa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I think of New Year's Day and St. Patrick's Day when I think of corned beef for sure. Just like I think about Easter and Christmas when I think about ham and turkey for Thanksgiving. It doesn't even occur to me to make/buy those any other days of the year.

    ReplyDelete