Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Wreath Craft

I took my husband to a meeting in Eastern Oklahoma and had plenty of time to "kill." I ventured into the Hobby Lobby just to look around. I spotted a cute little grapevine wreath that was on sale for half price. I thought it would be fun to make a simple fall wreath. I started looking around the fall craft section and found a package of squirrels, acorns and leaves. The package had plenty for a wreath with left overs for another project. Cost for the wreath was only $8.50.
Back at the hotel I laid out the squirrels, acorns and leaves on top of the grapevine wreath.
They have a peel and stick backing, but I used Elmer's glue to really attach them to the wreath.
You could add a big bow on top of the wreath, but I wanted to hang it in a small space.  I just used the plastic tag that was already attached to the wreath to hang it from my wreath hanger. Compared to the high dollar pre-made wreaths, I like my simple little fall wreath.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute and festive! Now if only the weather would cool down a little to make it feel like fall.

    ReplyDelete