Monday, September 5, 2011

Jewelry Hanger Wash Board

Here is a way to recycle an old wash board if you ever run across one at a garage sale or auction. Just spray paint it in any color you desire, then add some decorative decals or paint something in the top flat area, screw in some cup hooks and you have a usable antique. This one belongs to my Mom.
As you can see there is plenty of space to add additional cup hooks to hang more items.
I just look at this wash board and think how hard it would have been to scrub all the washing using this board. I am thankful that today we have automatic washers and dryers. I remember hanging laundry out to dry on the clothes line. I still love the smell of air dried bed sheets, but in Western Oklahoma the wind would make them fly off a clothes line!
I know there must be other ways to recycle an old wash board. Do you have any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, if you painted it white, it would be perfect for shabby chic decor.

    ReplyDelete