Monday, August 29, 2011

New Recipe Pork Loin

My husband has come up with yet another Crock Pot Pork Loin recipe! YUM.
First he took a 3 pound CENTER CUT PORK LOIN and put it in the crock pot
with 1/2 cup water and
added salt and Accent seasoning about a tablespoon of each.
He let that cook in the crock pot on high for about 4 hours until the meat was hot.
Next he added
2 large Fugi Apples peeled and cut in hunks (your favorite apple will work)
2 medium white onions cut in hunks
1 pound of baby cut carrots (or regular if you like to cut your own)
last he drizzled approximately 1/4 cup or more of honey all over the top.
Continue to cook on high 4 or 5 more hours until the pork loin is done.
(My husband says this crock pot does not get as hot as ones he's had in the past, so you may not need to set your crock pot on high.)
We take our lunch to work, so this is what the crock pot pork looks like in my husband's lunch dish. The apples got a little over done, but oh my they are good! I put a little spicy mustard on my pork in my lunch dish. Little quick run through the microwave at work and lunch is ready!
This is my husband "honey" the cook, with his container of honey.

2 comments: