Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Songs

I love Christmas songs, but usually by the time Christmas rolls around I am ready for them to stop playing for another year. This is not the case with Clay Aiken's Merry Christmas with Love album, I have it downloaded in my vehicle. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea! I find my self listening to his smooth tones at various times of the year. I know that comes under the "crazy old lady" category.
Songs on the album:
 O Holy Night - Winter Wonderland - Silent Night
 Hark The Herald Angels Sing / O Come All Ye Faithful
 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  Mary Did You Know - Joy To The World - The Christmas Song 
Don't Save It All For Christmas Day
 Merry Christmas With Love
Sleigh Ride - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

According to Wikipedia these are the most performed Christmas songs:
1."The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) РMel Torm̩, Robert Wells
2."Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" – Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin
3."Winter Wonderland" – Felix Bernard, Richard B. Smith
4."Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" – J. Fred Coots, Haven Gillespie
5."White Christmas" – Irving Berlin
6."Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" – Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne
7."Jingle Bell Rock" – Joseph Carleton Beal, James Ross Boothe
8."The Little Drummer Boy" – Katherine K. Davis, Henry V. Onorati, Harry Simeone
9."Sleigh Ride" – Leroy Anderson, Mitchell Parish
10."Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" – Johnny Marks
11."It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" – Edward Pola, George Wyle
12."I'll Be Home for Christmas" – Walter Kent, Kim Gannon, Buck Ram
13."Silver Bells" – Jay Livingston, Ray Evans
14."Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" – Johnny Marks
15."Feliz Navidad" РJos̩ Feliciano
16."Blue Christmas" – Billy Hayes, Jay W. Johnson
17."Frosty the Snowman" – Steve Nelson, Walter E. Rollins
18."A Holly Jolly Christmas" – Johnny Marks
19."It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas" – Meredith Willson
20."I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" – Tommie Connor
21."Here Comes Santa Claus" (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) – Gene Autry, Oakley Haldeman
22."Carol of the Bells" – Peter J. Wilhousky, Mykola D. Leontovych
23."Do They Know It's Christmas? (Feed the World) — Midge Ure, Bob Geldof
24."(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays" – Bob Allen, Al Stillman
25."Santa Baby" – Joan Ellen Javits, Philip Springer, Tony Springer, and Fred Ebb

Do you have a favorite Christmas song or Christmas album that you love listening to?

1 comment:

  1. I've been listening to the classic Christmas station on Pandora since after Halloween. I absolutely love Christmas music. My favorites are ones sang years ago by people like Louis Armstrong.

    ReplyDelete